Local coworking spaces: a solution to overcome the difficulties of teleworking and promote flexibility
Image designed by Freepik
Teleworking has become a common practice for many companies, offering greater flexibility to their employees. However, working from home can lead to difficulties such as distraction, social isolation and lack of structure. To overcome these problems, local coworking spaces are emerging as an attractive alternative. This article explains why companies should consider offering local coworking spaces to their employees to facilitate remote working.
The benefits of coworking
- Professional environment: Coworking spaces provide a professional and responsive working environment for employees. Unlike home teleworking, they have a dedicated and equipped space to work efficiently, with access to offices, meeting rooms and office equipment.
- Reduce social isolation: Coworking spaces allow employees to work in the presence of other professionals, encouraging interaction and collaboration. In this way, remote workers can avoid social isolation and benefit from mutual support.
- Flexibility: Coworking spaces offer great flexibility in terms of hours and length of lease. Employees can choose to rent a space by the hour, day or month, depending on their needs and schedule.
- Proximity: Coworking spaces are often located in urban and residential areas, allowing employees to work close to home without the distractions of home. This also reduces commuting time and costs.
- Professional network: Working in a coworking space provides the opportunity to meet other professionals and build a professional network. Employees can exchange ideas, skills and contacts with people from different backgrounds.
How to set up a coworking space policy for employees
To offer your employees the opportunity to work in a coworking space, follow these steps
- Assess the needs of your company and employees in terms of flexibility, proximity and suitable workspace.
- Look for available coworking spaces near your employees' homes or in areas accessible by public transportation.
- Negotiate preferential rates or subscriptions with coworking spaces to reduce costs for your company and employees.
- Establish a clear policy on the use of coworking spaces, specifying access conditions, hours, responsibilities and data security rules.
- Follow up regularly with your employees to assess their satisfaction and the impact of the policy on their wellbeing and productivity.
B2B Estate can offer you a wide range of coworking facilities throughout Belgium.